Welcome to the Nova Scotia Prescription Monitoring Program
In June 2005 the Prescription Monitoring Act and Regulations established a prescription monitoring program to promote the appropriate use of monitored drugs in Nova Scotia and to reduce the abuse or misuse of monitored drugs in the province. The legislation also established a Prescription Monitoring Board to develop and operate the Nova Scotia Prescription Monitoring Program.
This website is intended to provide information about:
• The background and history of the Program;
• The legislative framework for the Program;
• The key stewardship responsibilities of the Prescription Monitoring Board;
• Program activities;
• How to register and participate in the Program; and
• How to contact the Program.